Thursday, November 26, 2009


Last Monday Alyse had her gallbladder out. I was so concerned that I couldn't be there. I have some wonderful daughters who took up the slack when I couldn't be there. Alex and Andraea were there and Alyse enjoyed having them there before her surgery. I talked to Alyse after and she said that both Alex and Draea were cracking so many jokes it kept her entertained as she waited. Thanks to Gen for coming down too. She is doing great now.
Phil and I have had Ashton staying with us so that Alyse could get some rest without a noisy 5 year old. The other night after a long day at school and an evening with SEP conferences. We got dinner and then we got ready for bed. It was, I think 9:30 by the time I laid down with Aston for a good nights sleep. I was so tired but that doesn't mean everyone is tired. As I laid there silently just waiting for Ashton to fall asleep (he kept wiggling). Ashton starts to quiet down and this is what I heard, "A S H T O N" Then I think OK you are spelling your name, but then I hear "A L Y S E, A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z." YES AND THEN HE SPELLED THEM AGAIN. You really get an insight into the mind of a child when they are falling asleep. When he finally fell asleep I took this picture I couldn't help my self

1 comment:

draea said...

He's too dang cute!